Blueprint for happiness...............

Happiness is a funny thing, we all long to be happy in what we are doing. In my reading this week (gee I must have been doing a bit of reading, or perhaps taking more notice of what I have read), I have come across some thoughts......sorry to the original author ( I must take more care to remember where I get these thoughts from) Anyway, it gave me something to think about and challenged me, I hope that it challenges you too.
God has given us a blueprint for happiness. We think it comes from freedom from all constraints. But this isn't true. Happiness comes from staying within the walls of protection that God has given us in His Word.

"Blessed is the one who obeys the law of the Lord. He doesn't follow the advice of evil people. He doesn't make a habit of doing what sinners do. He doesn't join those who make fun of the Lord and his law. Instead, he takes delight in the law of the Lord. He thinks about his law day and night. He is like a tree that is planted near a stream of water. It always bears its fruit at the right time. Its leaves don't dry up. Everything godly people do turns out well.
(Psalm 1:1-3 NIRV)

Do you want to be a happy person? It is found in doing the right thing. It is also found in not doing the wrong thing.

You are not going to find happiness in materialism. You are not going to find it in a career. You are not going to find it in a relationship. You are not going to find it in sex. You are not going to find it in drugs. You are not going to find it in anything this world has to offer.

Do you want to be an unhappy person? Live your own way.
Do you want to be a happy person? Live God's way.
_________________________________

We can never be truly happy until we let go of us and take on more of God. My prayer for myself and I pray for all of my friends is......

"More of You Lord, less of me..........."

Things to be thankful for:
1. The amazing grace of God
2. the way God challenges me in a variety of ways
3. the encouragement of people around me
4. an almost clean house
5. a beautiful sunny day to dry all of the washing

Blessings...............Love Kylie XXX

Comments

Barb said…
Hi again Kylie you are blogging well this week - this year I have been looking at the Beatitudes NLT use the word happy Im trying to write a children's series on them but keep feeling blocked I was having doubts about it all (again) when I read your Blog and know I have to persevere - God is incredible !!!!! more of God less of me

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

Busy, busy, busy...

God is closer than you think..... part 1