Comfortable?

Those that know us will know that we have a little dog called Jessie. I have had her for just over 11 years, she was given to my house mate and I by one of the students at school and when my friend moved away she fully became mine - well I was the one that mainly looked after her anyway. When we first moved here to Kadina she used to sleep in the laundry and after she was sick earlier this year we moved her into our bedroom to sleep on a cushion just below the window near the bathroom. It's better having her there because we can let her out to the toilet in the middle of the night instead of having to clean the laundry every day! Anyway, this morning I let her out to the toilet and when she came back inside I tucked her in on her pillow hoping that she wouldnt annoy us too much and we wouldn't have to get up too early. When Colin woke up this is what he found.............................

Well, she had moved herself, blanket and all off of her own green cushion near the wall and into this position on my triangle pillow that was next to the bed - obviously the blue piece of sheet that I covered her with just went along for the ride, but she was one comfortable dog!!! What a life huh?!

So anyway, it got me thinking about how we should never get too comfortable in our relationship with God, we should always be challenging ourselves and working towards becoming more and more like Jesus. Sometimes we can get locked into the old routine......in our quiet times, read the reading, read the Bible, pray for a bit........sometimes it just becomes routine. I challenge myself to step out of my comfortable rountine and try something new, well, at least challenge myself to constantly go deeper with God and become more like Jesus.

Are you too comfortable?

Blessings...............Love Kylie XXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

Busy, busy, busy...

God is closer than you think..... part 1