Kid's Sunday @ Church

Today was a great time at church with the kids. It was a little disappointing that not many came, but on the plus side, one family came that haven't been before and really no matter how many kids were there it was way still worth the effort. We had a great time, the church people are really starting to get into the whole "interacting with new people" thing and that's really exciting. This week our school holidays start and we are having a holiday program for three half days and also a night on Friday night, it will be interesting to see how many people come to the Friday night thing at the church, but it will be great anyway. The best thing about this holiday program is that we have some people from Children for Christ running it, so all we have to do is show up which is awesome, I can handle that. I forgot to grab the camera before things all started but I managed to get a few photos of the activities today......so here they are......


Some of the kids at church today.............fun!


Don't you agree that this is a really good look for me??.....................


Our theme over the last few weeks has been the lost stories in Luke 15 and today we had a review of the sheep and the coin stories as well as learning about the lost son. I love the way Colin can tell stories so well, even if I am embarrassed and laugh the whole way through. He is a very talented man at doing that.........me........I'd have to write it out word for word before I could even atempt to tell the story. Anyways....it was excellent and then after the last story we had an exercise where we talked about being all part of God's family and God celebrating when we find our way back to Him. We each blew up a balloon and wrote our names on them and attached them to the wall. We had purposely not put up any balloons so that we could add the balloons as a sign that we were celebrating our coming together as a family of God. Worked really well. Didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. I might just have to take a few more during the week of how the hall was set up etc. so that you get the full picture.

Time I was going.......so

I am thankful for;

1. salt and vinegar chips.....lol

2. A great and mighty God who loves me and wants me in His family

3. friends and pizza

4. a husband who has hair that feels like the sea (more acurately the sand at the sea) or so he was told tonight by a 5 year old!

5. one of our regular JAM families coming to church today

Til next time.............Love Kylie xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

Busy, busy, busy...

God is closer than you think..... part 1