WICKED!!!!!


You could be wondering what Wicked has to do with anything........ especially anything in my spiritual journey. This week Colin and I went to go and see Wicked at the theatre. I love musicals and sometimes get very passionate about them! My favourite movies are "Mamma Mia", "Phantom of the Opera", and of course "The Wizard of Oz"...... among many, many more of course!!! (It's hard to choose just a few!)

I have known for a lot of months that Wicked was coming to Adelaide and just so that I didn't miss out I had signed up to get an email advising when pre-season tickets were on sale. I got that email about the middle of October last year and once the tickets were on sale guess who was on the internet trying to find the best seats etc??? That's right....... yours truly!

So, we had booked our tickets and then there was the waiting to finally go. I thought, "I should probably know a bit of the music before going", so Colin ordered the cd for me, and that helped to get through the waiting months (Colin was getting sick of it!) And finally it came down to two weeks when I started to count the sleeps....... and down to the day, it had finally arrived!

I was so excited to go to see this production........ I was like a little kid waiting for Christmas. As we were walking to the theatre from the car park mentioned to Colin that I was sooooo excited, silly, but I didn't care. We were there heaps early and got all the souveniers and such (I thought that being a salvo officer I had better not get the witches hat!!) and finally the time arrived. I thought that our seats were about 5 rows back, but when we went inside, we were in the second row....... right in the middle, we could see everything (I actually thought we might be too close!), even the orchestra - if we stood. And it was wonderful!!!! I laughed and cried and had a fabulous time...... (Wish I could go again!)

I got to thinking afterward....... if I can get really excited about something like that...... then how much more excited I should be for what God is doing in me and in His people.............. and you know what??? I am!!!! It excites me and stirs my heart to see people fully committed to God and holding their hands up to Him in praise. My own relationship with God excites me because I can never know what is going to happen next with Him. (Sometimes scary.... but good all the same!)

I know that this is something that I have to continually work on and deveop in my life. Journeying with God isn't always easy, but at the same time I wouldn't want it any other way. I had the priviledge to pray for a wonderful lady this morning who is having surgery this week, we had a wonderful fellowship night and even though there were only 11 there - half the group that were there are not church attenders, I felt excited and blessed to be able to encourage God's people today..... some just by acknowledging them and saying hello...... HOW EXCITING!!!! God has blessed me beyond belief and He has more in store!!!!

Blessings on the journey................... with love Kylie xxxxxx

Comments

Kylie said…
Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!! I'm going again!!! Can't pass up cheap tickets!!! $50 each!!! Woo hoo!
Captain Colin said…
Setting it twice is enough I think. I do miss your blogging. Is been to long.

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

God is closer than you think..... part 1

Busy, busy, busy...