A harpist???................


In one of my readings this week I found a little part of a story..........it's in 2 Kings Chaper 3 and here I see that Elisha calls on the help of a harpist. When I first read that I thought how odd it was to see that right in the middle of the reading Elisha just says “now bring me a harpist”, but just after that it says, “while the harpist was playing. The hand of the Lord came upon Elisha and he said.........” It was the music of the harpist that bought Elisha to a place of worship and to a place where He met with God.


Music is a very powerful medium for us in worship, but it can help us to worship God or it can also hinder our worship. I guess the key for me is to not let the music take over the place of God, but to allow it to help me come to the place of worship. There is a great power in music when it is used to praise God. We see this even today, It still opens the doors to anointing, a term we use to describe the coming of the Holy Spirit into a situation and His resting upon a person to enable God to use him or her. Praise music in particular has a special way of helping us connect to God so that the Holy Spirit can work and move through us.


The important thing for all of us to learn through this is that we really have to guard ourselves against the type of music that we listen to, because Satan uses all kinds of things to put us off and take our focus off of Jesus.


Til next time...........


Blessings on the journey...................Love Kylie xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

Busy, busy, busy...

God is closer than you think..... part 1