The Shack..........

I know..........it's been a long time coming..........but here it is..........


A little while ago I read a book called "The Shack" by WM. Paul Young. I had heard that it was a good book and been at Koorong and seen many many copies being bought by people, so I decided that it was time that we buy it and both read it.

The back of the book says this;

Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, ostensibly from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgment, Mack arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever and quite possibly your own.
In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

Looking on the internet at reviews I saw quite a mixed reaction to this book. Some, such as The Message writer Eugene Petersen says, "This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan's 'Pilgrim's Progress' did for his. It's that good!", while others have condemned it saying that it is heresy and blasphemy.

Obviously there is no comparison to the Bible for learning about God, but I found this piece of fiction very refreshing and it offered some thoughts about God in new ways, things that I have known before, but hearing them again was refreshing.

Well..............I absolutely loved this book, so did Colin and a few other people I know. It was a journey of faith, forgiveness and the restoration of God.

I certainly recommend the read..........

I thank God for;
1. His peace and restoration
2. friends
3. a loving hubby
4. the internet, so I can keep in contact with friends
5. the way God reveals Himself in lots and lots of ways, may I be open to the ways that God wants to speak to me

Blessings on the journey.................................Love Kylie XXX

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kylie
I have not read this book ( I will now) but when looking up answers for the Jehovahs Witness thing I found this thought you might be interested http://www.carm.org/more-stuff/features/shack
love Barb

Popular posts from this blog

Iron sharpens iron........

Busy, busy, busy...

God is closer than you think..... part 1